Podiatrists love Brooks walking shoes because they are high quality, long-lasting and perfect for various foot types. Whether you need support or extra room in your shoes, there’s a Brooks shoe for everyone.
This article will discuss why podiatrists love the Brooks brand and what makes these shoes great! Let’s get started!
Your Podiatrist Wants You to Walk More—Here’s Why
Your podiatrist wants you to walk more—here’s why:
- walking is a great way to get exercise, and walking is a low-impact activity that can help you improve your health and feel better about yourself. It also provides an easy way to start getting some of the recommended 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity physical activity most experts recommend.
- walking can help you lose weight. Every pound of fat takes up about 30 calories daily, so walking 10 miles (16 kilometers) will help burn off 3 pounds (1.36 kilograms) in one week alone! Plus, your heart rate stays steady while walking, so it’s easier on your joints than other types of running or jogging. This makes walking especially beneficial for people with arthritis or other joint issues who want healthy ways to lose weight without risking damaging their knees or hips by running too fast or too often during workouts.
Your Podiatrist Can Tell When You’re Not Wearing Proper Walking Shoes
You may be able to spot the signs of an ill-fitting shoe, but your podiatrist is trained to look for more than that. They can tell when there’s something wrong with your footwear based on several factors, including:
- the shape and size of your feet and how they fit into the shoe
- how much pronation do you have (the inward roll of the foot) as you walk
- whether or not you have flat feet and high arches
- how much support does your shoe offer (or doesn’t)?
Your podiatrist may also ask you questions about your lifestyle, including…
- how many miles do you walk daily?
- how long it takes you to get ready in the morning?
- the type of work you do
- how active that job is
Your podiatrist may also perform a biomechanical assessment, which involves checking the alignment of your body. This can help determine if there are any issues with your feet that could be causing pain in other areas.
Why Brooks is One of The Best Shoe Brands on the Market
Their patented technology supports your foot’s natural movement so that you can walk or run easily and comfortably. With speed, energy, and cushion in mind, there is a perfect shoe for you! They have also designed a breathable mesh upper that keeps your feet cool, dry, and light.
Brooks Support Your Arch Type
If you have flat feet, your arches are likely shallow, and this is the most common type of foot and can be diagnosed with a straightforward footprint test. If you have high arches, there’s a chance that your feet have an inverted arch (also referred to as overpronation). If this is the case, your ankles may roll inward when walking or running.
A podiatrist can pinpoint which type of arch you belong to through a treadmill test. This test measures how much force your foot makes while walking on a treadmill at different speeds and inclines. An excessive force indicates that you overpronate as opposed to under pronate or don’t (flat-footed).
Brooks Shoes Are Made Out of Super Durable Material
- the materials that makeup Brooks walking shoes are tested for durability by the company’s engineers.
- the materials used to create their shoes are designed to be both comfortable and durable.
Brooks walking shoes are designed for the modern active lifestyle. They are made with high-quality materials that withstand everyday wear and tear and more strenuous activity. They are a fan favorite among everyday wearers and marathon runners.
Podiatrists are Advocates for Brooks Shoes
Podiatrists know that your gait will be much more stable and balanced when you wear proper footwear. This is especially helpful if you tend to overpronate (roll inwards) or supinate (move outwards). A podiatrist can tell when you aren’t wearing proper walking shoes, even if it’s not because of an obvious deformity like flat feet or high arches!
Brooks walking shoes are the best on the market, and if you love to walk, we hope this article has convinced you that they should be your next pair of shoes! Not only do they have all of the features we mentioned above, but they also come in different styles for every person, whether you are looking for something neutral or bright, like red or blue—or maybe even purple! —there is something out there to suit your taste.
Our shoe experts at Dale’s Shoes can help you pick the perfect pair of Brooks shoes. Stop by our location today at 453 South Nova Road, Ormond Beach, FL 32174, to get fitted for your next favorite pair of shoes!