We may collect information directly from you, including personal information such as your name, email address, shipping/billing address, phone number, credit card number, and other personally identifiable information, when you visit our Site, place an order online or by phone, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a contest, promotion, or survey. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of certain features. We maintain a record of your product interests and the purchases you make online or by phone. We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire from our joint marketing partners, and from unrelated third parties.
We may use your information about you to operate the Site and to deliver the content and services you request. In addition, we may use information about you for other lawful purposes, including to:
- Process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment;
- Respond to requests, Comments, or questions, and to provide customer support;
- Communicate with you, such as by sending you information about our products, services, and promotions;
- If you are an existing customer of Dale’s Shoes (for example, if you have placed an order with us), we may use the contact details you provided to send you marketing communications about similar Dale’s Shoes products or services, where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted-out). In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information. Learn more about your shopping preferences, to help personalize and improve your online experience;
- Improve the Site and other products and services we may offer;
- Monitor and analyze Site usage, trends, and statistics;
- Comply with legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies; or
For any other purpose, we may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
You may be able to set your browser to not accept cookies, or to notify you when you are sent a cookie so that you may decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to access your account information or make purchases on the Site.
This Site uses third-party web analytics services such as Google Analytics to help us analyze how visitors use the Site. To learn more about opting out of data collection through Google Analytics, click here.
Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, this Site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, click here.
Information about your use of the Site and other websites may be collected across time and services, and used for various purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and to deliver relevant and retargeted content, including interest-based advertising.
We do not sell, rent, or share your information, except as is described in this Notice. We may permit our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers to access information collected through the Site to carry out work on our behalf. For example, we may share your information with our service providers who help us to fulfill customer orders, send communications, or conduct surveys. We do not authorize these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
In the event of a sale, merger, or other transfer of our assets, personal information and other information we have collected as described in this Notice may be among the transferred business assets, or may be shared with third parties as part of the transaction or negotiation.
Although the security of information transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed, we strive to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We have implemented appropriate safeguards to protect the security and privacy of personal information we obtain through the Site. For example, when you enter your personal information on our Site, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal financial information, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from “http” to “https.”
Links to Other Websites
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources, including the following:
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources;
- Contact, Payment and Transaction Data from payment processor and fraud detection and prevention companies;
- Identity and/or Contact Data from friends or people you know and who have asked us to contact you;
- Technical Data from analytics providers like Google;
- Technical Data from search information providers;
- Identity, Contact, Profile, Usage, User Content, and/or Friends Data from social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
- Identity, Contact, Profile, and/or Usage Data from advertising networks and marketing lists; and
- Identity, Contact, and/or Profile Data from marketing insights companies like Experian.
After providing your content to receive our newsletter by subscribing, you will receive an e-mail confirming your opt-in. If you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, you may unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time using a variety of available communication means (such as clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter or sending us an e-mail, or a letter by post) at no cost to you except for the standard rates associated with your chosen means of communication. You may opt-out from having your personal information used for certain purposes. For example, if you purchase a product or service but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you may opt-out by following the instructions included in each email communication or by emailing us at email@example.com. Please indicate which forms of communication you would like to opt out of in your email. i.e. direct mail, email, etc. As discussed above, many web browsers include options that allow users to disable existing cookies or stop accepting new cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies certain features of this Site may not work properly, and disabling cookies may invalidate opt outs that rely on cookies to function.